Friday, January 21, 2011

Studying Pays Off


Hello blogger lovers last week I had to drive down to St. George Wednesday night, to wake up the next morning to drive down to Vegas to take a test. Now this test was one of my state boards to allow me to become certified as a respiratory therapist. Ever since I moved back home after finals my parents have pretty much put me in a study lock down. My days would consist of me being woke up at 9:00AM study until about 1 take an hour lunch break and then study some more until about 4 and then have the evening to myself.
Now with all the trouble the NBRC has put me through I was pretty frustrated and just wanted to take my test!! For instance by the time I was able to take my test the majority of the people from my class had taken the first test. I am guessing the people in the NBRC office hate me because I was on the phone with them every day to see if they fixed the problem and let me sign up for my test. Well eventually they fixed the problem and I signed up the first week after the New Year. 2 days before I was suppose to take my test they called me up and told me I had to reschedule. I was like great... but oh well so I signed up for the next possible time which was a week later. A couple days before they called and told me I had to reschedule again and wanted me to wait 2 more weeks. This time I was not only frustrated but Pissed so I was like screw it I will drive to Vegas. The only time I could take it was 9 there. Thankfully my mom went down with me so she could drive while I studied. But I have not got up before 9 since I got home so waking up at 5:30 was a little early for me. But as I took my 3 hour test in a little room where a camera is right in front of your watching your every move plus the stress that this test is $190 and if you fail that is just a waste of money and you will just have to fork it up again. Then after submitting the test and feeling like your heart has just dropped, you have to take another 30 questionnaire survey about taking your test and the facility that you’re in when all you want to know is if you passed your test your not. Then I walked out to the front and I was shaking and the lady asked if I was ok and I told her I was just nervous and wanted to know my results. Then when the results were printing the lady was like do you want me to look and tell you or do you want to just look yourself. I was thinking are you serious I just want to look at them myself because I don't want her to know if I failed haha. So she gave me my results... I PASSED!!! Thank goodness I said a tiny thankful prayer right then and there. I was able to enjoy my weekend. Well Lovers that’s it for now peace out.
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment